Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Wichita, KS dialup service providers?

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Wichita, KS dialup service providers?
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 10:00:50 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, James O. Harms wrote:

> SouthWind was recently taken over by EarthLink.  The SouthWind I
> subscribed to - almost since they started - does not exist
> anymore.  Local tech support does not exist.  I can no longer
> access my shell acct.,

Earthlink security policy has eliminated shell access.  It's just not
available anymore.  If I weren't running my own box and using them just
for a DSL pipe to the Internet, I'd have found myself a new provider by
now.

I've been kind of scouting out a potential ISP to move my DSL to...
nobody at SouthWind (and I mean nobody who would know) knows exactly
what's going to happen to DSL service in the future.  SouthWind's
pricing/feature model doesn't match Earthlink's, for one.

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Hey, I ran Windows the other day, and it didn't crash!