Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Wichita, KS dialup service providers?

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Wichita, KS dialup service providers?
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 09:55:55 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Jeremy King wrote:

> I don't have a list, but one of the big local
> favorites seems to be SouthWind.  I personally have
> always used Sprint (now part of Earthlink).

SouthWind isn't necessarily a local favorite any more... they sold to
Onemain over a year ago, who recently sold to Earthlink.  SouthWind isn't
the same service they used to be and nobody really knows exactly where
things are going.  The Wichita office appears to be on the way to being
reduced to a remote POP of Onemain... they've already moved a lot of
services (internet and people services) out of Wichita, including tech
support.  The people who make the service run aren't really the same
people that won our trust.

Onemain.com, Your Home Town Internet...  except they're not really in your
home town any more.  They're an unknown quanitity and have to prove
themselves all over again.  And from my step-dad's experience dealing with
them, they're doing a poor job in the tech support area.

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)
4 out of 5 people think the 5th person is an idiot.