Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Wichita, KS dialup service providers?

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Wichita, KS dialup service providers?
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 06:50:49 -0500

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 12:13:56AM -0500, John Lucas wrote:

> Anyone have a list of dialup ISP's who provide service in the Wichita area?
> Also, any opinions on which are the easiest to set up?  The most popular
> with Linux users?
>
> Your help is appreciated.
> -John Lucas

If you want a list, the KCC site is a good resource.

I've been using Networksplus for over a year now and have had absolutely
no problems with them regarding Linux.  In fact they have a setup guide
for the generic pppd package on their web site.  I've had good
connections with them and the fact that I travel was a factor in
selecting their service as they have many access points around the
state.  They will also allow you to login from many locations in other
states which I have used from Oklahoma, Utah, and Ohio.  With my Debian
boxes I just set things up for PAP login and it's worked like a charm.
I think they are lightly loaded in Wichita as I don't recall ever
getting a busy signal.

Their price is a reasonable $14.95/month and they are based in
Manhattan.  I know they offer ISDN service, but I'm not sure if you
could select them as an ISP for DSL access in Wichita.

- Nate >>

P.S. If you sign up with them, I'd appreciate the referal.  :)

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "None can love freedom
 Internet | n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               | heartily, but good