Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: February 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Communicating with Exchange server

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Communicating with Exchange server
From: Greg House <ghouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 08:24:53 -0600

On Monday 19 February 2001 17:01, you wrote:
> The original issue was not a matter of checking mail at all. I've got an
> email client at home which I would continue to use at the end of the day
> to empty my mailbox. It was more of an issue that I won't be able to ssh
> to the server as I have in the past to check mail throughout the day -
> without having a mail client on every (Linux) machine I log in from.

Yeah, I have the same problem since Southwind got gobbled up by
OneMain/Earthlink/whoever-else-is-in-the-buying-mood...

They are shutting down shell access, but even before doing that, they
relocated the mail server so you had to set up a POP client even from their
own system. So now I can't ssh in and check my mail during the day like I was
doing before.

> Either way, my project proposal to set up a special Linux box with clients
> and a mailbox mirror has been outvoted. It probably wasn't the best
> approach for the university's M$ love affair, anyway.

Once someone goes over to the Dark Side, they're very difficult to recover.

Greg

--
"Wow, I didn't know being a super hero could be so painful."