Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: February 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Communicating with Exchange server

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Communicating with Exchange server
From: Jeremy King <soapboxalpha@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 23:54:57 -0800 (PST)

Unless everything I've heard is wrong, you can't use
POP to get email from an Exchange server.  Exchange
uses MAPI (some MS proprietary protocol) or IMAP.  On
the other hand, it is probably possible for an admin
to set up some scheme by which email is forwarded out
of Exchange and dumped off to a POP server to handle.
But in that case you have a POP compatible email
administrator, not a POP compatible Exchange server.
Or, you could use the IMAP protocol to access the mail
with a linux client.

Jeremy

http://tmp2.complete.org/cgi-bin/listargate-aclug.cgi