Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: February 2001:
[linux-help] Re: programming a Linux server

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: programming a Linux server
From: "John M. Resler" <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 00:09:20 -0600

John, Try this code and if it doesn't load up because of the news server,
here's the url:

http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/comer/books.html

This is from the course cs742 networking with TCP/IP. I have the book also
if you need it.

John Reinke wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has found decent howtos or sample code for
> servers (and clients). I need to write a Linux server in C/C++ to
> communicate with a client via TCP/IP, and I need something to get me
> started with establishing the connection, exchanging data (possibly in
> large chunks or files), and designing a client/server protocol. I've not
> found anything suitable so far on the web, but I'll continue to search.
>
> I'm probably not quite ready to try to understand the sendmail or apache
> source code yet...
>
> Thanks,
> John

He's the kind of guy, that, well, if you were ever in a jam he'd
be there... with two slices of bread and some chunky peanut butter.

-- Type: application/x-compress
-- File: v3.bsd.dist.tar.Z

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: john.vcf