Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: February 2001:
[linux-help] Re: programming a Linux server

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: programming a Linux server
From: "Koji Hayakawa" <sylf00@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 23:46:54 -0600

That's a good book...  but I think that link isn't working at the moment.
Try
http://www.netbook.cs.purdue.edu/index.htm
(http://www.netbook.cs.purdue.edu/othrpags/code.htm contains the sample of
really simple echo server/client programs)

Douglas Comer's Networking book is what I used for my college class as well.
If you don't mind shelling out $50 or so, getting Internetworking with
TCP/IP Vol. III wouldn't be really bad idea.  (There are several versions of
it:  Winsock, Linux/Posix, BSD Socket, AT&T TLI....)

---