Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: February 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Road Runner cable service

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Road Runner cable service
From: "bert" <ificoulddoitalloveragain@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 18:30:42 -0600

i had roadrunner but got it turned off.

um, yeah, i was waiting to turn it off in order to get adsl

i only had to wait about 9 and 1/2 months

no i didn't have to give up a child for adsl but it was slow
to get to my area -- i live close to wesley hospital

in the mean time, and it was a mean time, i tried to
use roadrunner . . . .

sometimes it was incredible, most times i wondered
when it would go flaky and it was flaky -- in my area -- often

so i rented a surfboard, cause when their signal got lost
or a server did or whatever -- i'd let'em know and i didn't
pay for the modem rental or the roadrunner signal when
it was flaky.  i guess another reason to rent was so they
could NOT say it was MY modem with the problem.
if the signal didn't get in, i didn't pay. if the modem was
the problem, they replaced it ( btw, i only went thru 3 modems)

so now the signal is adsl

but i recently heard a story where a dsl provider just
up and stopped providing service -- actually i think the
service went to stink and the user called in and they
mentioned, in passing, there wouldn't be any service
or company shortly -- how'd that go? ask John Alexander?

seems to be a crap shoot -- i went to adsl cause i'd
heard good things about it . . . . .

good luck!

bert