Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: February 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Road Runner cable service

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Road Runner cable service
From: Benjamin Bunck <bbunck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 08:47:52 -0600 (CST)

I would basically echo this response.  As far as the speed goes, if your
coming from a dial in lifestyle, you're not going to be bothered by
anything for a while.  The mail certainly has been weird lately.  Other
than that though, I don't have any complaints (static ip would be nice).
I've never had any  problems with losing my ip.  In fact, I usually get
assigned the same ip  for a month or so (don't know if things are
different outside Augusta).

As far as RR goes, they don't care what system you run.  I believe their
official policy is "No <insert ftp/www/etc..> servers allowed" but I don't
think anyone really cares what you run on your personal system.  If you go
RR, consider buying the modem if you plan on keeping the service for a
year and a half or more...that's roughly the break even point for buying
vs. renting.

Ben