Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: January 2001:
[linux-help] Re: [off-topic] Free DSL

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: [off-topic] Free DSL
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:36:30 -0600

If you visit their website and read the FAQ's, it specifically says that
they don't support networking of computers.  My guess is that they use PPPoE
or PPPoA to make the connection, as they say that the 'free' version is
supported by ads.  While a Linux box can support both PPPoE and PPPoA, I
suspect they are using proprietary connection software that would not work
with Linux.  Whether the $9.95 a month service, which doesn't require ads,
will work with Linux, I can't answer without knowing more details than the
website provides.

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx