Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: December 2000:
[linux-help] Hardware Question : CD/DVD ROM

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Hardware Question : CD/DVD ROM
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 08:02:45 -0600

OK guys....

How can I test if my drive has failed or something else is happening...

Drive(s) was working with another motherboard..

Pulled drive from case and installed in new case/motherboard, did not even
remove ribbon cable from the pair of  drives.

The BIOS see the drive....
Windows see the drive...
The drive will eject discs
But the drive will not spin up and read????

Man its a DVD-ROM drive that I picked up a few months ago, and while the OEM
has a one year exchange, I can not find the sales ticket.

--David