Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: November 2000:
[linux-help] Re: AND operation in regexp/PHP

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: AND operation in regexp/PHP
From: "Clint A. Brubakken" <cabrubak@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 16:54:40 -0600

Jesse Kaufman wrote:

> Ok, I give up...  how the heck do you do an AND operation using regexp in
> PHP?  I'm writing a search site for my mp3 lists, and I can successfully
> search for <string1>|<string2>|<string3>|... , but how do i change it so
> that it searches for <string1>AND<string2>AND<string3>AND... so that the
> more words you type in, the more precise the search gets?

you can't unless they are in order then you can do
<string1>.*<string2>.*<string3>

> Thanks!
>
> --
> Jesse Kaufman                           |       WebSurf Internet Access
> Administration / Web Development        |       www.websurf.net
> glandix@xxxxxxxxxxx                     |       Ph: 316.945.7873
> www.linuxfreak.com/~glandix             |       Fax: 316.946.9944
> --
>
> <<< Vim is a REAL man's text editor.  I don't know why anyone else would
>     even bother with sissy programs like emacs, or even worse...  pico!  >>>
>
> On Sun, 12 Nov 2000, Patrick Klee wrote:
>
> > Hi again,
> >     I found something really cool!  I found an RPM package of the 2.4
> > test kernel.  But, I have a question on how to install it.
> >
> > I have 2.2.16-4.lfs, and installed the RPM using the following:
> >
> > rpm -ivh --force kernel-2.2.16-4.lfs.i386.rpm
> >
> > I also want to have the test 2.4 kernel on the same drive, so I can boot
> > back and forth, but when I issued that command for 2.2.16, it deleted my
> > old folder called: 2.2.14-5.0.
> >
> > What command do I issue with RPM (4.0 by the way), without erasing my
> > 2.2.16 directory?
> >
> > I thought rpm -ivh <file>
> > and then write that in the lilo.conf with your favorite text editor.
> > (mine is pico ;-))
> >
> > Any suggestions, comments and help would be GREATLY appriciated.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Patrick

> > visit http://tmp2.complete.org/cgi-bin/listargate-aclug.cgi

Clint Brubakken
Developer, Computer Science Services Group, LLC
President Air Capital Linux Users Group
Wichita, KS
cabrubak@xxxxxxx
---
"I can't go back, can I?"

"No. But if you could, would you really want to? I feel I owe you an
apology. We have a rule. We never free a mind once it's reached a
certain
age. It's dangerous, the mind has trouble letting go. I've seen it
before
and I'm sorry. I did what I did because...I had to. When the Matrix was
first built, there was a man born inside who had the ability to change
whatever he wanted, to remake the Matrix as he saw fit. It was he who
freed
the first of us, taught us the truth. As long as the Matrix exists the
human
race will never be free. After he died the Oracle prophesied his return
and
that his coming would hail the destruction of the Matrix, end the war,
bring
freedom to our people. That is why there are those of us who have spent
our
entire lives searching the Matrix looking for him. I did what I did
because
I believe that search is over. Get some