Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: November 2000:
[linux-help] Linux

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Linux
From: "Devjyoti Das" <devjyotidas@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 10:00:43 +0530

Hi,

I have been searching around the WWW for a
 solution of my question .And I came across you working in a similar field. And
this mail to is discuss with you abt my problem regarding Linux or any other OS
and TCP/IP Protocols.

Actually I am a student of MTech Telecom . I am currently doing some kinda
TCP/IP protocol manipulations.

My query:
If you are familiar abt the source routines for
networking protocols like tcp_timer.c, tcp_input.c ,
tco_output.c , etc etc.

In tcp_timer.c there is a constant known as TCP_MAXRXTSHIFT indicating the
meaximum no. of retransmissions allowed for a TCP segment/packet. This value is
defined in tcp_timer.h --Currently this has defined as 12  in most of the OS
and TCP/IP Protocols.
Here starts my problem , i need to change this value to some other value say 3
or 5 something like that , and I want to see the effect.
I mean recompile the Operating System itself so that all the routines could see
the change. But how to do this?
Do you have any idea ? Hope you can help me regarding this query?

Thanx for keeping ur patience reading this mail.
Hoping for a quick reply.

Devjyoti Das

Get FREE Email/Voicemail with 15MB at Lycos Communications at
http://comm.lycos.com