Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: September 2000:
[linux-help] Re: CLOS NEWBIE

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: CLOS NEWBIE
From: John Phillips <jphillip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 21:33:47 -0500 (CDT)

swap,/,/home partitions work very well, because you can format the
/ partition and install a different Linux distribution with out
loseing your scource(C,Perl,scripts). A subdirectory under /home
(/home/software) for storing source you have gotten off the 'net
allows you to rebuild /usr/src after you have updated/changed the
/ partition.
John Phillips