Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: September 2000:
[linux-help] Re: XCDROAST

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: XCDROAST
From: "Jim Vetor" <jvetor1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 22:51:01 -0500

Be very careful using this program. It is very easy to wipe out your Windows
installation if you are running dual boot. I'm not sure how dangeous it is
to linux if you aren't running dual  boot. You have to be careful setting up
where your data will be saved or something like that. I lost my complete
windows and linux setup and had to do complete new installation on both. Do
some backing up before you start playing with it. Like Dale said it works
best in root and that is dangerous any time. Good luck. I never did get it
to work. I Still wish the club would devote a meeting to teaching it. Might
take more then that.

Jim