Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: September 2000:
[linux-help] XCDROAST

To: "'linux-help@xxxxxxxxx'" <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] XCDROAST
From: "Cavgalar, Murat A (Alex)" <cavgalar@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 13:58:57 -0400

Is anybody out there familiar with a cd burning software for Linux systems,
called XCDROAST,? I installed this stuff yesterday and could not get it to
work. The person who actually developed this software sent  me an e-mail
regarding my problem with it but I have no clue what he is saying. If
somebody can tell me what the e-mail below is all about and what the
solution is.

Thanks.

Here is the text from that e-mail.

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 09:31:52AM -0400, Cavgalar, Murat A (Alex) wrote:
> Hello Thomas,
>
> About ten days ago, I sent you an e-mail and ask for your help regarding
> xcdroast. Your e-mail response helped me out a lot. Therefore, I
> successfully loaded xcdroast into my Redhat 6.2. Although, it is very
clear,
> I do believe I am doing something wrong on the set up because I just
cannot
> get the audio or the data cds to burn at all. I do believe when I set the
CD
> setup, HD set up, MISC., and Defaults, I did something wrong. Otherwise it
> should have worked. I noticed that whenever I load the original cd into
the
> reader and hit the Copy Audio cd or Copy Data-cd, it just sits there.
> Especially, on the audio cd I cannot select the tracks to read/Write at
all.
> ( the screen I see on the manual you have on your web site never shows up
on
> my screen)

Looks like you run into some other problem.
You are using some very old version of xcdroast - new version is
not fuer newbies and you should NOT try to install it - but the
new version would work fine.

The thing you should do is a rebuild of the source-rpm on your machine.
Get the xcdroast....src.rpm  and do a rpm --rebuild of it.

If you fail with this, I cannot help you. In this case you should really
try the 0.98 version which has an README which explains exactly what
to do.

Thomas