Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2000:
[linux-help] Re: Laptop Installation of Linux

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Laptop Installation of Linux
From: james l <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 21:50:39 -0500

I installed corel on an older toshiba (435CDS), but for some reason rh and
mandrake(I think) would not install (the install program kept crashing), so
another good idea is to get more than one distro, if one fails, then you can
try a different one.
Look at the linux laptop site, I found instructions for getting the sound
card to work there. If your model is not listed try one that is close to it.
(the sound stuff came from a 430CDS)

James L