Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2000:
[linux-help] Re: Laptop Installation of Linux

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Laptop Installation of Linux
From: "Jim Vetor" <jvetor1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 15:10:55 -0500

Hi Bill, I have a laptop and I just installed Linux the same way as I did on
my desktop. I had trouble getting the CD ROM to see the cd and had to use a
boot disk. Other then that Everything went smooth with the exception of
getting the modem to work which is a card 33.5 modem combo. I installed
Mandrake 7.0 on it. I am no linux techno type so can't help anymore. Good
luck.
Jim