Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2000:
[linux-help] Re: Laptop Installation of Linux

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Laptop Installation of Linux
From: J T <kovar_the_squishy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 18:52:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Bill,I've seen a few linux laptop installs.  The trickiest they have ever
gotten is that a boot floppy was needed.  At least that has been my
experience.If the laptop will not boot from your CD just look for a boot floppy
image.  If it has that you should be in buisness.  Lemmie know how it
went.JT(known to some as the Squishy One) --- Bill Byrne  wrote:> I have a
COMPAC 5280 that I would like to use with> Linux but I'm> uncertain as to how
to install it. I've bought a> fresh hard drive so> that I can use the machine
either with Windows or> Linux simply by> choosing the proper hard drive (it
will only> accomodate one at a time).> I have a floppy and a backpack CDROM.
The> instructions given with "Linux> for Dummies" doesn't seem to apply for my
system. Is> there a way to> install Linux on my system?> > Thanks     Bill> > >
-- This is the linux-help@xxxxxxxxx list.  To> unsubscribe,> visit>
http://tmp2.complete.org/cgi-bin/listargate-aclug.cgi>