Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2000:
[linux-help] Laptop Installation of Linux

To: "linux-help@xxxxxxxxx" <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Laptop Installation of Linux
From: Bill Byrne <billb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 11:00:09 -0700

I have a COMPAC 5280 that I would like to use with Linux but I'm
uncertain as to how to install it. I've bought a fresh hard drive so
that I can use the machine either with Windows or Linux simply by
choosing the proper hard drive (it will only accomodate one at a time).
I have a floppy and a backpack CDROM. The instructions given with "Linux
for Dummies" doesn't seem to apply for my system. Is there a way to
install Linux on my system?

Thanks     Bill