Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2000:
[linux-help] Re: Connecting Roadrunner to Linux

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Connecting Roadrunner to Linux
From: "Matt Alexander" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 09:15:42 -0500

first, you have know if your nic card is installed.
        Yes, it is installed, but I don't know if it is working
        correctly, on the install I selected dhcp but when I
        boot it up it fails when it tries to bring up eth0 interface
        If this helps you any, I have a 3Com EtherlinkIII      ISA

did you configure redhat to be a network box when you set it up?
I'd like it to be, I installed everything using the custom
Function in the install

was the nic card installed in the box when you installed red hat?
If this refers to hardware installed then yes, if it refers to
Software then no

or do you have to run a module to find the nic and get it going?
        I probably do if it can't find it

When I ran ifconfig I got:

lo      Link encap: Local Loopback
        inet addr: 127.0.0.1  Mask: 255.0.0.0
        UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU: 3924  Metric: 1
        RX packets: 18 errors: 0 dropped: 0 overruns: 0 frame: 0
        TX packets: 18 errors: 0 dropped: 0 overruns: 0 carrier: 0
        collisions: 0 txqueuelen: 0

                                  -Matt Alexander