Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2000:
[linux-help] Re: Setting up a Zip drive with Linux...How?

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Setting up a Zip drive with Linux...How?
From: James <pantherace13@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 10:03:54 -0500

I have a parport zip "250" (239 Mb) and I use it with Linux (duh :).
To load the modules required (as root) type:
insmod parport
insmod parport_pc
//sets up parallel port
insmod imm
// newer zip drives or
insmod ppa
//older zip drives

then to mount assuming msdos/vfat fs on /mnt/zip type:
mount -t vfat /dev/sda4 /mnt/zip
// if you don't have other scsi devices.
(This allows long names)

you can use mke2fs to make an ext2 fs
mke2fs /dev/sdaX where X is the partion you want.

Hope that helps

James