[gopher] Re: This mailing list

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Philipp Schafft <lion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 14:49:21 +0200

reflum,
On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 19:09 -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> I noticed recently that Ecartis, the mailing list software I run on
> complete.org, was dropped
> from Debian in May and apparently hasn't had an upstream release since 2003.
>
> After some checking, it looks like my two main options are to switch to
> Mailman or to Google Groups.

I vote *against* google because of the following:

I don't what to depend on Google in any way. I do not like google much
because of variuos reasons including poltical and privicy things. I also
don't want to need a google account. Can you 100% be sure that all users
of the list do not need one for the next ten years?

Also I would not like to convert this list to a news group or the like
simply because it isn't one. I currently prefer the push of lists over
the pull of groups. you may set up some gateway, but this one more part
to setup and maintain.
--
Philipp.
 (Rah of PH2)

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part