[gopher] Re: This mailing list

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 08:15:50 -0500

Mateusz Viste wrote:
> On Friday 14 August 2009 14:46 (CEST), John Goerzen wrote:
>>  * We have no control over who posts, subscribes, or participates
>
> Nope, that's the whole concept of USENET...

[ snip ]

I think we're miscommunicating here.

I understand the whole concept of Usenet.  The question is: do we tell
people that this mailing list has moved to comp.infosystems.gopher on
Google Groups?

I don't think it's practical to tell them that it's moved there, or to
Usenet in general, because the barrier to entry is too high.  If it
weren't, this list would have never existed.  This list has always had
more on-topic traffic than c.i.g, even when it was created, and Usenet
discussion groups were more popular back then even.  I think that is
ample evidence that an email group is needed.

-- John