Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: February 2009:
[gopher] Re: New Gopher server and client

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: New Gopher server and client
From: Mateusz Viste <mateusz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 20:50:04 +0100

On Monday 16 February 2009 20:27, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
> Well, I guess it brings back the old question of whither Gopher+. I think
> it has potential, but I am also sympathetic to the position that it's too
> much like HTTP. It *is* certainly a heavier protocol than the glorious
> simplicity of standard Gopher.
Well... If you ask ME, I would that indeed, gopher+ is just like http. I see no
interest in it... I like gopher for its bare simplicity, which allows to put
any stuff online without any effort (and still gaving the possibility to
represent documents in a nice way).

However, I have to admit that Gopher+ support is on the todo list of my Gopher
server (The Grumpy http & gopher server, remember?). ;-)
But that support is rather a "for fun" entry, as I never really used Gopher+
myself.

Best regards,
Mateusz Viste
--
You'll find my public OpenPGP key at gopher://gopher.viste-family.net/1/PGP

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.