[gopher] Re: Fate of the Protocol (was Re: Gopherness)

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Fate of the Protocol (was Re: Gopherness)
From: JumpJet Mailbox <jumpjetinfo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 20:11:17 -0700 (PDT)

You mean like the "BROKEN" link to Project Gutenberg:
gopher://gopher.quux.org/1/Archives/

Or perhaps the empty link to Online Libraries:
gopher://gopher.quux.org/1/Reference%09%09%2B

Yes, that was a bit sarcastic, but seriously, maybe we should begin by just
taking baby steps... such as keeping our own Servers up to date?
gopher://gopher.quux.org/1/Archives/Mailing%20Lists/gopher
gopher://hal3000.cx/1/Phlog%09%09%2B

Or perhaps by helping fellow Gopher Wranglers in that effort by suggesting to
them New Links, and reporting any Broken Links that appear on their Servers:
gopher://home.jumpjet.info/1\Gopher_Jewels_2

(Of course, you can't communicate with a Gopher Wrangler if they don't bother
to put their contact information somewhere on the Server)!!!