[gopher] Re: Fate of the Protocol (was Re: Gopherness)

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Fate of the Protocol (was Re: Gopherness)
From: "Jay Nemrow" <jnemrow@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 12:56:20 -0600

Matt.  Gopher is not going to "regain a foothold".  It will continue
to get more and more marginal and no change to it will slow the slide,
much less reverse it.  http rose and gopher sank.  Everything gopher
does, www can do and much more, except slimming bandwidth, but very
few care about that in a DSL/Cable world.

I can't see your vision ever happening.  Gopher is essentially dead to
nearly everyone, if they even knew it ever lived.  Apparently, we just
never attended the funeral.