Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: November 2007:
[gopher] Re: BRING THE GOPHER BACK

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: BRING THE GOPHER BACK
From: "Kacper Gutowski" <mwgamera@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:06:05 +0100

Your way of thinking reassembles a little my own just after I learned
what the Gopher is. But I didn't share those enthusiastic thoughts
with any list ;)

On 12/11/2007, Pawel <pawelsz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1. Newsletter
> 2. More statistics.
> 3. More software
> 4. More *unique* contents.
Agreed.

> 5. HACKING
>         0. MUST HAVE: Read only English wikipedia
No, no. Not read olny. It should be fully featured Gopher+ interface
to Wikipedia. Users can download articles, edit them and then send
diffs with Gopher+ :>
Well read-only mirror is also good, but I never had enough
"serverpower" to do this myself ;)

>         2. Gopher based p2p network ;)
Sorry, but this sounds pretty lame for me.

> 6. Better communication
>         There should be some offical IRC channel
Is there an official IRC channel for HTTP users? "Official" makes no
sense imo. However channel of something like "users' group" may be
useful.

> 7. Marketing
Needed.

--
Kacper Gutowski
No "gopher marketing" today. I don't have my own gopher hole to