Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2006:
[gopher] Re: PyGopherd and Gopher+

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: PyGopherd and Gopher+
From: "R.A.Pavlov" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 13:19:56 +0300

> See page twelve of RFC 1436, eight-bit encodings are allowed.

Yes, but not properly supported by some clients (Squid proxy e.g.,
which has perfect gopher support in every other way)

Maybe I'm too anxious about it but being the only person in the world
using cyrillic in his gopherspace is such a responsibility %)))

> > gopher://www.polarhome.com:27070/0/guestbook
> Your Gopher at polarhome.com is finally working again!

By the way, the problem with it was that non-gopher+ clients tried to
run gopher+ scripts; once run, those scripts didn't receive any input
data and stayed in memory until they completely blocked the server :)

--
Yours, etc.
        Roman A. Pavlov

gopher://sdf.lonestar.org/1/users/rp