Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2006:
[gopher] Re: PyGopherd and Gopher+

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: PyGopherd and Gopher+
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 22:10:06 -0800 (PST)

> > > application/x-gopher-* or similar could be reserved through the proper
> > > channels.

> > FWIW, pygopherd internally uses application/gopher-menu and
> > application/gopher+-menu, but it is by no means tied to that.

> A win32 gopher+ client called HGopher also uses those but I didn't see
> them in any 'official' mimetypes listing.

I think those have been around long enough that they're de-facto ours.
Handling both x-gopher-* and gopher-menu etc. in a client would be trivial
and satisfy both cases.

--
--------------------------------- personal: http://www.armory.com/~spectre/ ---
  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx