Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2002:
[gopher] Re: Heads up

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Heads up
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 18:25:18 -0800 (PST)

> > Look for megaupdates to VISHNU and V-2 within the month, hopefully, as I
> > alter the search moles to speak Textil-FS instead of WAIS.
>
> What's Textil-FS?

New indexing system I created for Veronica-2. It uses a filesystem-based
distributed index instead of relying on monolithic single index files like
WAIS, and scales to search single files up to 4GB (the flat file containing
V-2's last known list of selectors is around ~850MB -- WAIS seems to crap out
with files > 700).

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-- Where there's a will, there's a probate. -----------------------------------