Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2002:
[gopher] Re: Heads up

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Heads up
From: MJ Ray <markj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 08:18:10 +0000

David Allen:
> what I'm trying to get at is what needs to be done to attract people?

More gopher clients: maybe more documentation on how to write gopher clients
is required?  It would be very nice to have a gopher module for AVFS and
gopher support in dillo for example (yes, I know I should write them, but
there are only so many hours in the day).

More gopher servers: I think this is being addressed, maybe.  It would be
nice to see gopher modules for superservers like serveez, which would open
the possibility of "gopher servlets".  I don't know if the Apache gopher
module can/will do them too.

More docs: a good guide to setting up a gopher server (if there is one,
please point me at it... I need it).

A final settlement to the gopher licence fee saga, if there hasn't already
been one.  If there has, notify the authors who say otherwise.
--
MJR