Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2001:
[gopher] Re: New client announcement (#2)

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: New client announcement (#2)
From: emanuel at heatdeath organisation <emanuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 09:20:15 -0800

To get back on topic, I tried out the Python/Tkinter client and it
worked fine with Python 2.0 on Slackware.

I tried it with Python 2.0 in Windows 2000.  The main window opened, but
it stalled with status "Updating display...".  The UI was still
functional, though.  The following was dumped to the console window:

E:\Documents and Settings\emanuel\Desktop\forg-0.03>Forg.py gopher.heatdeath.org

Starting the FORG
Prefs are  D:\emanuel\.forg
Previously had 8 keys
****Successfully loaded options from disk.
****Couldn't load bookmarks at D:\emanuel\.forg\bookmarks: [Errno 2] No such fil
e or directory: 'D:\\emanuel\\.forg\\bookmarks'
Read 1024: 1024
Read 1024: 2048
Read 1024: 3072
Setting type to Directory:
Unhandled exception in thread:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "E:\Documents and Settings\emanuel\Desktop\forg-0.03\TkGui.py", line 410,
 in download_function
    contentKey = self.createContentFrame(request)
  File "E:\Documents and Settings\emanuel\Desktop\forg-0.03\TkGui.py", line 496,
 in createContentFrame
    wid  = self.responseToWidget(resp, resource)
  File "E:\Documents and Settings\emanuel\Desktop\forg-0.03\TkGui.py", line 593,
 in responseToWidget
    except CacheException, exceptionstr:
NameError: There is no variable named 'CacheException'

Which is wierd, because as far as I can tell from the code, this should
not happen.  Just to see if I could make it get further, I put
CacheException = 'Error' at the top of TkGui.py, but then when I ran it,
two Tk windows opened with no contents and it hung.  Now I have to get
back to work...

--
emanuel at heatdeath organisation
gopher.heatdeath.org