Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 2005:
[Freeciv] Re: naval attacks on undefended cities

To: Per Inge Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: naval attacks on undefended cities
From: Sam Steingold <sds@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 13:52:52 -0500

> * Per Inge Mathisen <cre@xxxxxxxxxxx> [2005-11-01 18:48:50 +0000]:
>
> On Tue, 1 Nov 2005, Sam Steingold wrote:
>> navy cannot damage an undefended city.
>> (ergo: a city on a 1x1 island is invulnerable until marines arrive).
>
> That is why 1x1 islands are normally not generated, that is unless you
> turn on the tinyisles option. However, someone insisted on adding this
> as an option. In my opinion this was a bad idea.

forget the 1x1 island option.
I can terraform the other tile of the 1x2 island into ocean.

why can't my battleship shell an undefended city?

<http://www.honestreporting.com> <http://pmw.org.il/> <http://ffii.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.openvotingconsortium.org/>
If Perl is the solution, you're solving the wrong problem. - Erik Naggum