Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: music for freeciv

To: "Jim C. Nasby" <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: music for freeciv
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 19:41:11 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> I would suggest mp3 or ogg-vorbis over wav; the quality should be fine
> for game music, and even if you encode at 512kbps it would still be much
> smaller than wav.

No. The music should not be given to us in a lossy format, if at all
avoidable. We will want to have a pristine Wav as source from which we can
create lossy compressed versions for distribution. This way we can change
compression ratio and lossy compression format without the additional loss
of quality of going from one lossy format to another.

  - Per