Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: April 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: Technology

Cc: Sören Schulze <soeren.d.schulze@xxxxxx>, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Technology
From: Alan Horkan <horkana@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 16:14:26 +0100 (IST)

On Sun, 13 Apr 2003, Raimar Falke wrote:

> Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 09:20:38 +0200
> From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: "[iso-8859-1] S=F6ren Schulze" <soeren.d.schulze@xxxxxx>
> Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Technology
>
> On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 08:24:50AM +0200, S=F6ren Schulze wrote:
> > I already do so. I do that after I researched Monarchy.
>
> Skip Monarchy.

Unless you are on a big island and have to fight very early on in the
game.  I prefer to develop writing as early as possible, build libraries
and use Diplomats to take over cities the easy way.  The Great Library is
a good wonder to have especially in games with many players.  I really
enjoyed this tuturial:
http://www.freeciv.org/tutorials/art_of_freeciv.html

You mention that you have lots of old units, I had a terrible problem with
this for a while until I discoverd that you could buy upgrades to existing
units instead of building whole new units.  For example if you discover
bronze working, you can go into the City dialog, right click on your
warriors and choose upgrade (you have to pay for it).

Hope that helps.

Sincerly

Alan Horkan

Visit Dublin this June