Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: September 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: How to solve ICS - Resolve Smallpox

To: Carlos Lorenzo Matés <clmates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: How to solve ICS - Resolve Smallpox
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 21:05:10 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 22 Sep 2002, Carlos Lorenzo Mat=E9s wrote:
> The problem of smallpox is not only settler cost, is the capability of
> ma=3D ntain=3D20 larger armies, thus the rules that define the army suppo=
rt
> for cities mus=3D t=3D20 change, a large city should be capable of mantai=
> more units than a small=3D =3D20 city without going unhappy. the same
> applies to science, production and t=3D ax.=3D20 Perhaps te solution is t=
> increase by a growing factor (in function of ci=3D ty=3D20 population) th=
ese
> capabilities. ie:
=2E..
> Prod Factor could apply to Food, Resources, Science and Taxes
> Both Max Army and Prod Factor should be affected by Government types and=
=3D20
> Wonders (changing his effects to a % factor).
>
> The wonders and Governments that affect army size shoud also be
> configura=3D ble=3D20 in % for example Republic can penalize in al 30 % a=
nd
> Democracy in a 60%.=3D =3D20 Women Suffrage could give a 50% bonus, etc

That is certainly not a bad suggestion. Another idea is to go over to gold
upkeep for units like in civ3 and make it harder to small cities to
produce gold.

Yours
Per

"I don't see why people are so upset about cloning sheep. American
television networks have been doing that to their audiences for years."
-- Jello Biafra