Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: June 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: what are min/maxplayers good for? (was: i may be having a

To: <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: what are min/maxplayers good for? (was: i may be having a problem)
From: "olv yper-sond" <olv_26@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 07:24:56 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Reinier Post" <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2002 3:25 AM
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: i may be having a problem

> On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 11:39:15AM -0400, olv yper-sond wrote:
> >
> > i am having a problem with civclient in Win98 also -- when i try
opening
> > it i get a stream of 'Gdk Warnings', and "Gdk Criticals', then the
DOS
> > window just shuts down. civserver seems okay. any suggestions?
>
> Upgrade?

yes, i'm building an AMD system now (or, am planning the system now -- i
hope to have the parts ordered and computer built in a couple weeks). i
want to run Linux, though i have never run it before (or even seen it)
and am a little nervous about it, learning curve, software
compatabilities, etc.

i know this list has many software, programming and tech gurus -- can
anyone direct me to a good Linux forum for newbies?

appreciate,
olv