Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: October 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: capitalization

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: capitalization
From: cyb97 <cyb97@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 04:31:05 +0100

At 14.10.2000 13:02 +0100, you wrote:
Markus <markus.buechele@xxxxxx> wrote:

> "Store production" or "Gather Production" is IMO the most adequate
> term for the beginning of the evolution cycle.

That's nice, but I have little idea of what it means(and I'm English).

> "Capitalization" should stay with the corporation (and substitute
> "Saving"), but from that stage on the money a player has left over
> at the end of his/her term should yield interest of 5 or 3% per
> turn.

On the other side of the coin, then, countries would be allowed to
borrow...  and then pay interest...

I think what he means is what we refer to as the "hunter-gatherer" community,
the initial state of evolution.

In theory we should be allowed to borrow money, but you have to borrow
from somewhere, and you don't really want to borrow from your enemies?
So unless we change freeciv to be about world-domination to become a
more roleplaying, everlasting game of world-cohabitation, borrowing IMHO
isn't really a feature that would make sense.

--
cyb97 / noXtension