Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: globalwarming

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: globalwarming
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2000 17:56:52 -0400

At 2000/08/06 17:35 , Ronald van der Fange wrote:
>> That is strange, because that change should have made it *really*
>> attractive to do pollution cleanup. Was it perhaps actually fallout,
>> which is now conceptually different? It would be nice if you could
>> provide a savegame...
>
>i'll try after my vacation, maybe a option for polution or no polution on
>the server.

This is one way, but I really don't like it: it's too brute-force.

The change to make AIs clean up pollution didn't address the production of
pollution in the first place.  I think a better patch to work on would be
to teach the AIs to build pollution mitigation improvements, like Hydro
Plants and Mass Transit and Recycling Centers.

jjm