Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: globalwarming

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: globalwarming
From: Ed Cogburn <ecogburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2000 19:41:09 -0400

Ronald van der Fange wrote:

> Hi all
>
> What can i do if the AI decides to spoil the earth and create
> polution, i suffer the global warming. Maybe the AI should be made so he
> has a high priority on cleaning the earth, as the humans should :P

        Agreed.  CivI/II focused soley on doing anything to hurt the human
player rather than act rational, I never saw an AI nation use nukes
against another AI player.  I don't know if its different in SMAC or
CTP.  At the very least, the AI should a) react to pollution in areas
under its control, b) think twice about attacking a nation with its
own nukes, and c) if its target has no nukes or the ability to counter
them, then its likely the target is weak in conventional arms too, so
it should look real hard at attacking the target conventionally.

--
"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." - Voltaire

Ed C.