Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: elephant

To: michael.kiermaier@xxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: elephant
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 13:25:21 +1000 (EST)

"Michael Kiermaier" <michael.kiermaier@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> missing the civ2 elephant in freeciv i had a look into
> data/civ2/units.ruleset and found:
>
> [unit_elelphants]
> tech_req = "Never"
>
> why is this not set to "Polytheism"?

I think this is an oversight.  Elephants (also Crusaders) were
once left out (long ago, pre-rulesets) apparently because they
were considered to unbalance the game, but I see no reason not
to turn them on in the civ2 ruleset.  Fanatics too, but
Fundamentalism is not implemented properly in Freeciv.  I guess
we could turn them on too anyway, and they just won't be as
useful.  (Have to also turn on Fundamentalism in techs.ruleset
for civ2.)

-- David