Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: civclient error

To: David Lewis <dlewis@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: civclient error
From: Pallav Nawani <pallav99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 12:50:20 +0530 (IST)

On Sat, 5 Aug 2000, David Lewis wrote:

> Installed freeciv on RH6.2.  Ran the server, tried to
> run the client and this is the error I get:
>
> "Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
> Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server"
>
> And, yes, I do have X running.  I ran the "civclient"
> from a term window.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

If you are running it via telnet, you may have to:
 1. Set the envoirnment variable DISPLAY. after telneting/rlogging,
   and before running the civclient, type the following:
 setenv DISPLAY <hostname>:0.0

This is for csh (c -shell) only, and <hostname> is the name of the
computer you are logged into. This means Your computer(localhost)
For bash, there is some equivalent method.

2. if the above dosen't work, befor telneting, type
 xhost + <hostname>

and then follow step 1. WARNING : This does have some security
implications.

pallav
I used to have a life, now I have a computer.
Pallav Nawani        |    Visit me at                              ]
M-41,                |  http://www.angelfire.com/co/pallav         ]
PIN 560012           |                 OR                          ]
Phone : 3092453      |  http://www.pallavnawani.com                ]