Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: workinglist for units

To: Michael Kiermaier <michael.kiermaier@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv-Forum <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: workinglist for units
From: Bevan Broun <bevanb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 09:59:23 +0800

on Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 05:43:46PM +0200, Michael Kiermaier
<michael.kiermaier@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> What do you think about a workinglist option for units?

I have been thinking something similar with regard to reconnaissance
missions (ie checking out if anyone around). I found it tiring to make
my fighter to

move1: go 5 move in one direction then back
move2: go 5 move in different direction then back

I would have like to assign a macro to the unit with logic like:

until ( something seen or happens ) do {
    move1: go 5 move in one direction then back
    move2: go 5 move in different direction then back
    move3: ...
    last move: end back at the starting postition
}

the macro would stop and the unit require attention as soon as an
opposition unit was encounterd. I imagine that it would be possible to
use key stroke recording to write the macros.

BB
--
Bevan Broun                                           ph (08) 9380 1587
Computer Systems Officer                             fax (08) 9380 1065