Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Bug or feature?

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Bug or feature?
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 12:22:27 -0400

At 2000/07/03 11:58 , David Ronis wrote:
>I just upgraded to the latest 1.11.0 release.   It compiled and
>installed without any problems.  However when I play I've noticed that
>transports (or earlier ships) have the following annoying features:
>
>1.  They automatically load units from ports they happen to be in.

All units, or just the Sentried units?  Transporters are supposed to load
all Sentried units when they leave a port, but not load any non-Sentried
units.  This is the behavior I see, both in 1.11.0 and 1.10.0 versions.

>2.   If on the way to some destination, they go through a coastal city,
>they will unload the units they're carrying.  This inevitably costs a
>turn (at least) while you go back for them.

A friend has reported this to me, but I haven't gotten around to submitting
a real bug report via JitterBug <http://www.freeciv.org/cgi-bin/bugs>.

I believe that a transporter on goto certainly should not dump its cargo in
a city it happens to go through.  What happens with a human-controlled
transporter may be debatable.  Suggestions?

jjm