Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: June 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Freeciv

To: francis conry <defconry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Freeciv
From: Claus Atzenbeck <claus.atzenbeck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 23:45:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, francis conry wrote:

> My name is francis, I'm kinda new to linux so my problem is most likely
> something obvious but here it goes.
> I just want to play against the computer and when I type 'civclient &'
> I do get a window but it seems to want me to connect and I cannot get
> freeciv to think it's connected. I just some error like connection invalid
> or something and that's where it stops.
> Thank you guys so much for making this it such a good idea!

You need to start civserver, even though you want to play with the
computer (so called "ai"). This is what you need to do:

Start civserver and set the number of ai's you want:

        set aifill 5

Meaning: 5 players will be allowed to join the game. If you don't get
this number, civserver will fill the remaining number with ai's. (In
your case you would have to deal with 4 ai's.)

When you have done that, start civclient and log into the civserver
(probably you just need to press the OK button after you have choosen
your tribe and your name.

Have fun!

Regards,
Claus.

--
Atzenbeck. Data structures & design
http://www.atzenbeck.de

Department chairmen never die, they just lose their faculties.