Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: June 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Freeciv beta release

To: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Freeciv beta release
From: Jan Dittberner <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 23:40:42 +0200

Jeff Mallatt wrote:

> Hello Freecivers.
>
> We have just begun the beta-test period which will lead up to version
> 1.11.0 of Freeciv.  The first beta version of this release cycle can be
> found at:
>
>     ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/beta_version/freeciv-1.10.2.tar.gz
> or
>     ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/beta_version/freeciv-1.10.2.tar.bz2
>
> Please report any bugs to:
>     freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> or
>     http://www.freeciv.org/cgi-bin/bugs

The memory leaks in gtk client's city dialog are still not fixed, I
still lose 2 Megs of Memory with each new city dialog.

I use:

Linux Mandrake 7.0
GTK+/Glib 1.2.8
glibc 2.1.2
XFree86 3.3.6

I don't have the time to do debugging now, but I think this is a major
bug and should be fixed before the final release of 1.11.0

Jan Dittberner