Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: June 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Freeciv beta release

To: Jan Dittberner <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Freeciv beta release
From: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 23:51:02 +0200

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Jan Dittberner wrote:
> Jeff Mallatt wrote:
> >
> > Hello Freecivers.
> >
> > We have just begun the beta-test period which will lead up to version
> > 1.11.0 of Freeciv.  The first beta version of this release cycle can be
> > found at:
> >
> >     ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/beta_version/freeciv-1.10.2.tar.gz
> > or
> >     ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/beta_version/freeciv-1.10.2.tar.bz2
> >
> > Please report any bugs to:
> >     freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> > or
> >     http://www.freeciv.org/cgi-bin/bugs
>

> The memory leaks in gtk client's city dialog are still not fixed, I
> still lose 2 Megs of Memory with each new city dialog.
>
> I use:
>
> Linux Mandrake 7.0
> GTK+/Glib 1.2.8
> glibc 2.1.2
> XFree86 3.3.6
>
> I don't have the time to do debugging now, but I think this is a major
> bug and should be fixed before the final release of 1.11.0
>
> Jan Dittberner

As I said most of us don't see it...

If you want to help get the MemProf tool and run civclient with it
(it is quite easy to use, even I could!). Then you can just click the
"leak" button and be told where the leak is. Please use a the very latest
CVS version as of now, as I just fixed some other minor leaks.
(those I fixed are minor, but they will make the generated output much
easier read when they are not cluttering the table)

http://people.redhat.com/otaylor/memprof/index.html

-Thue