Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: June 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Freeciv 1.11.0 feature freeze

To: "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Freeciv 1.11.0 feature freeze
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 21:25:43 -0400

At 2000/06/15 03:14 , Bobby D. Bryant wrote:
>Jeff Mallatt wrote:
>
>> This is to announce the feature freeze for version 1.11.0 of Freeciv.
>> There are lots of great, new features in the development version that now
>> need to be tested as thoroughly as possible before release.
>
>Is there a quick reference to these new features?  I just downloaded the
beta,
>and it looks like all the information files that normally contain such
>information have not been updated since 1.10.0.

The changes.txt file (available at:
    <ftp://www.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/latest/changes.txt>
or through the Web site:
    <http://www.freeciv.org/latest.html>
) describes all the changes in detail.

Also, the current poll describes the major feature additions (to which I've
added a couple):

- Fog of War
- Land<->Ocean transformation
- 30 Players
- Diplomatic states
- Airplane goto
- Minimum (and longer) turn length
- City productions on main map
- More nations

Additionally, some significant fixes:

- Transport handling
- Goto implementation
- Unit list handling
- First phase of generalized improvements
- Improved network code
- Improved server stability

jjm