Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: June 2000:
[Freeciv] Freeciv 1.11.0 feature freeze

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-announce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Freeciv 1.11.0 feature freeze
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 15:55:23 -0400

Hello Freecivers.

This is to announce the feature freeze for version 1.11.0 of Freeciv.
There are lots of great, new features in the development version that now
need to be tested as thoroughly as possible before release.

The target date for the release of Version 1.11.0 is June 27th.

During the beta period (from now to release), we will generally be focusing
on bug-fixing, and only committing bug-fix patches to the CVS.  It is also
the time during which the set of translatable strings will (hopefully)
stabilize enough to give the translators a chance to catch up.

I'll soon be posting the first beta test version of the source code for
this release cycle to:

    ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/beta_version/

As with each beta test version that is posted, I'll announce it on these
mailing lists.

jjm